Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Farewell to ELIA!

Late Friday afternoon there was a closing plenary with "observers" from outside reflecting on the content of each symposium. I think this was a very good idea, but I was quite tired and had some problems to concentrate. I was not the only one... The plenary session ended with a composition/happening by Staffan Mossenmark, Academy of Music and Drama, Gothenburg, in which we all took part - chewing hard bread, making sounds with balloons etc. The evening ended with a reception offered by the City of Gothenburg and, for people who could still stand up, a continuation "in the tradition of Pecha-Kucha".

Unfortunately I was not able to take part in the conference on Saturday. That meant that I missed the ELIA General Assembly, some so called fringe sessions and the final party.

I found the conference very stimulating and had an idea that it would be interesting to invite speakers from ELIA and AEC to a coming session with Libraries in Music Teaching Institutions. We are, so to speak, in the same boat. What do you think?

~Pia~













No comments: