Saturday, December 20, 2008

Study visists and work exchange

Me and my colleagues at the Academy of Music and Drama have had the privilege to make some study visits in Scotland, thanks to a grant from the University of Gothenburg. We just came back from the trip, which was full of nice impressions. Before leaving Gothenburg I had read a book about the country and I can confirm the statement that the Scots are very hospital! We received a wonderful reception wherever we came. I would like to take the opportunity to say a special thank you to Karen McAuley at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow and Almut Boehme, at the National Library in Edinburgh - both members of the IAML community.

This made me think of an idea Birgitta Sparre, librarian at Ingesund University College of Music, launched at the IAML conference in Oslo 2004 - namely work exchange between music libraries within IAML. I remember that we sent around a list for people to sign, but I am afraid nothing came out of it. Maybe it would be a good idea to use this blog for people to get in contact? I start by posting an open invitation to Gothenburg!


Pia Shekhter
PS: If you are living inside EU the so called Erasmus Staff Training might be something to consider


No comments: